Raleigh Orthopaedic Performance Center is searching for independently motivated individuals who are specifically interested in pursuing a profession in Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, or a related field. Applicants should be comfortable communicating and interacting with athletes/patients of all ages and ability levels. Previous experience with sports medicine, anatomy/physiology, and/or physical therapy is encouraged. We are seeking dynamic individuals that bring exceptional skills and abilities to our team, and have a passion for providing outstanding service to our elite clientele.
Our goal is to expose interns to a real life, fast-paced physical therapy clinic environment with a diverse population of patients and conditions. Daily duties and responsibilities include: Facility maintenance, laundry, equipment set-up and break down, exercise instruction, administration of modalities, and miscellaneous tasks as needed by clinic staff/patients.
- Proficient with Anatomy
- Computer-literate: Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic
- Must be certified in First Aid/CPR for the duration of the internship term
- Proof of TB test within last 3 months
- Desire to enter a profession in Physical Therapy or related field.
- Minimum of 3.0 Cumulative GPA
*Application does not guarantee an internship. Each application is processed and sent to our selection committee for review. Accepted applicants will be notified upon approval.*
- Work with established professionals in the Orthopaedic, physical therapy, athletic training, and sports performance fields.
- Gain experience developing, implementing, and evaluating exercise programs.
- Receive exposure to a variety of orthopedic conditions and surgeries.
- Obtain class credit for clinic hours work (if desired)
- Summer Term: Beginning 3rd week in May (14 weeks)
Deadline: April 4th
- Fall Term: Beginning last week in August (16 weeks)
Deadline: August 2nd
- Spring Term: Beginning 2nd week of January (16 weeks)
Deadline: December 2nd
* Now accepting applications for the Summer Term, beginning 3rd week of May
It is expected that interns will remain for the entire duration of their scheduled internship. Each internship lasts approximately 12-16 weeks depending upon the semester and clinic needs. Start/end dates can be adjusted due to the clinic or school needs. Housing, stipends, and meals are not included in the internship at the present time.
This is an unpaid academic internship. Work days are Monday – Friday with varied hours depending on intern/clinic availability. It is expected that each selected intern be available to work 40 hours per week. If you will not be available for 40 hours per week, please include your available hours and days per week, along with the reason why you are not available 40 hours per week in your initial application. Hours are subject to change based on time of year and clinic needs. Housing and meals are not provided at this time.
Applications received after the above deadline will not be considered. Applicants seeking internship for school credit will be given priority.
Mail or hand-deliver the following information to the below contact:
- Cover letter outlining primary interests and attributes regarding the internship requirements.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcript with GPA
- (Optional) Your institution’s specific requirements regarding credit (if requesting school credit for clinic hours)
SELECTIONS WILL BE MADE 2-4 WEEKS AFTER APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE
Mail completed applications to:
- Internship Committee
Raleigh Orthopaedic Performance Center (Attn: PT Internship)
2400 Sumner Blvd., Suite 120
Raleigh, NC 27616
Questions? Send an e-mail with detailed questions to Brian Schiff at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Internship.